Please pay close attention to any inquiries on behalf of Florida Transportation Systems.
This message is for the attention of existing and potential customers to Florida Transportation Systems, Inc. (FTS).
We want to alert you to a fraud scam that is targeting existing and potential customers of FTS, as well as other businesses. Please take the necessary precautions so that you are not a victim of this scam.
While FTS cannot prevent this fraudulent activity, we are supplying this information in hopes of preventing others from falling victim to this scam.
The fraud scam involves purchase orders, payment/wire instructions and requests for product quotations that purport to originate from FTS but are in fact fraudulent.
Indicators of fraud:
- Incorrect domain name used to send emails, payment requests and purchase orders. A valid FTS email address will always end in @fts4buses.com. Hovering over the email address may reveal the originator’s email address if different from that displayed. An example of an incorrect domain being used by scammers is @fts4buses-us.com but other domains are being used.
- Poorly written email with grammatical errors.
- Use of a false or unknown contact from FTS. If requests for quotations, payment instructions or purchase orders are received from a new FTS contact that raises your suspicion, please contact FTS via phone to verify the validity of the request. Do not contact the name/number used on the email/purchase order.
- Phone numbers not associated with FTS.
- Unusually large quantities are requested.
- Rush to ship priority/overnight.
What to do if you suspect fraudulent activity:
Please call FTS directly at (800) 282-8617 to verify the validity of the request and FTS will confirm the validity of the request. Please do not attempt to call any phone numbers contained within the fraudulent emails that purport to be FTS numbers as they may result in a service charge.
What FTS is doing:
- Contacting existing customers and suppliers that may be subject to this type of fraudulent activity to raise awareness and provide basic guidance on how to deal with it.
- Requesting that domain names used for fraudulent activity are closed.
- We have posted this notice to our website to help prevent current and prospective suppliers from falling prey to these schemes.